Monday, April 26, 2010

3eb

Life flashes by in an endless plane crash

Last night, I saw one of my favorite bands play. Third Eye Blind. 14 years since their debut album...and they still rock it. It took me hearing some of the songs live to fully appreciate how much I love their new album.

I swore I'd never be
Who trades his dreams for security
Lately it's a little hard for me to see
Lately it's a little hard for me to believe


I rocked out. I got rowdy. I loved it. I screamed.
I realized that I have amazing friends (a recurring motif in this blog, no?)
There's this girl I know who cuddles with me, despite the fact that I'm drunk. And she loans me sweatpants so that I can sleep comfortably. And she is generally just radtastic beyond belief. And her cat sleeps in the closet.

Oh we could live like kings
We could take a risk


I got off of work and came home, and there were my neighbors, on my porch. And we decided to drink and hangout for 3 hours. It was beautiful. Champagne, Mikes Hard, garbage whiskey, gin, china drink....we had it all. Cigar, pipe, cigarillo. We lived like kings. And then we made quesodias (spelling on this word?)

And now, I am going to fall into bed. And sleep deeply, And dream of the life I'm living right now. Because, can it get better than this?

Better hurry up now if we're ever going to find
What we're living for


I won't close with that line. I'll close with this one.

Evermore
Rejoice evermore

No comments: