Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lions make you brave

I had a great day. Finished a paper, went to class, understood the material, walked in the sunlight, work...
...
then I got home. I started thinking about this summer. How to pay for everything. How to get a job. How to volunteer.
And it was a bit overwhelming.

(Okay, it was 'panic attack' overwhelming)

I'm used to things just falling into place in my life. I'm not used to trying/working to make things happen. But from here on out...the most basic of things is going to be a struggle.

And while I was suffering from the panic attack, I started writing a resume, and it was terrible...but Ladyface texted me, and I kept on writing. And I have a good portion of my Resume written out now. And that's a big deal for me.

So here I am.
More fragile than I care to admit. More fallen than I wish. Weaker than I want to be. But as the old saying goes, "Fall down 7 times, get up 8."

Lions make you brave
Giants give you faith
Death is a charade
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid

I'm not the hunter, I'm not the marked
Just looking for wisdom in the dark


I'm terrified of growing up and being out of college. But I am also determined to beat that fear. And yes, it is going to suck - conquering my fears and insecurities - but it is something I can do. And I will find a job. And if that doesn't make me happy...it's okay - it's not my Vocation. I'll just volunteer somewhere. Or spend my time writing. Or write a story about some orphan children in Ukraine.

I'm learning how to get up off my knees and all takes is practice


Be ready on your feet
No matter the trouble you meet

No comments: