Thursday, May 13, 2010

I've seen...

I am sitting in my room, working on my senior seminar paper (which is taking turns I hadn't expected), listening to the wind outside and to Anathema inside (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSdTjKfOlqA - one of the most beautiful songs ever written)...and I came across this.

"There is the crumpled note tacked to my over-tacked and -noted and -taped bulletin board which says, “Write the things which you have seen.”
-a friend

And I felt the need to do that. Because sometimes you need to remind yourself.

I've seen...

Two good friends get married to amazing men
The pain of a friend as she struggles through life
The pain of a friend who found out she had cancer
The laughter of a friend as we walked around her hospital floor.
People dirty and poor smile as if they were kings and queens.
Friends hold babies abandoned by their parents and shower love on those babies.
The look behind a baby's eyes, a child too young to speak, that says, "Please don't leave me."
How much I've grown.
Two friends fall in love.
The most beautiful sunset.

And one day, I feel I'll write stories about these moments in time.
But that is not today.
Instead, I have to wipe the tears from my eyes and get back to work. But work that I take joy in.


PS - Go listen to the song "Forever Lost" by God is an Astronaut. It is not nearly as sad as the title would suggest. In fact, all I feel is peace and hope when I listen to it.

No comments: