Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dadaism

Ever since I was a child, I have done something which I only realized this year can be turned into artwork. It started at Church. I would get the program, and (I believe) to keep myself entertained, I would use a pen or pencil to trace over a given word in a sentence, so that it stood out. There was no rhyme or reason as to why I did this. I would simply pick words that I found visually appealing. Words that needed to stand out.
I've done that for years. And only in January did I learn about Dadaism and realize that...I am maybe making art.

Here's a poem from tonight

Sin spoke
Pale teeth
Arm outstretched
Truth withheld.


Or this

Rumor reconciled legacies
Aesthetic gives qualities
Interviews memorable
Remember impressions
Similarities classic


A fun one

The sometimes here educators all are American Scotch Calvinists


Or a serious one

Virtues of religion have opposite fortunes


Music

Melodic sounds spoiled
Either inter-contrapuntal counterpoint
Octaves together take that logical line
Simultaneously which happens as
Other problematic voice
Polyphonic complicated
represents intellectual implications convincingly

No comments: