Monday, May 3, 2010

How to spend a day

What started as a pretty shitty morning/afternoon ended up being a great night.

I was still feeling morose at 5 when I called Ladyface. However, she came over holding a pan of brownies. Guess who has two thumbs and is in a great mood? This guy! And then we made some chicken alfredo. Nothing to fancy - two chicken breasts, green/red peppers, carrots, on top of fettuccine, smothered in alfredo sauce. Garlic bread on the side. It was simple yet delicious. Loafed on the couch for an hour, just talking.

And this next sentence will maybe blow the lid off of your reality.

I should have been dating a lot sooner because having a gf really helps out my desire to study.

Yeah, scope this - after dinner and conversation, we both totally did homework for like...3 or 4 hours straight. I did all of my senior sem. reading, wrote the discussion post. And that is a big chunk of work done for the week. Now I just have two weak-ass papers that I can hammer out in a couple hours of concentrated effort.
It is just nice to have someone beside you, not distracting you, but there to be a distraction if you need it. Someone who is working studiously which in turn makes you want to be extra studious.

Again, I always come back to the band Haste

Turning bad days into better nights.
Waving smoke out the window,
catch my hand against the background of night.
Dragging fingertips through constellations.



Something about that line - turning bad days into better nights. That's what today was.

No comments: