Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ruined songs

I was talking with a friend tonight, and the subject of music came up. And I remarked just how funny/sad it was that I turn to certain bands when I am in a certain mood, or that certain songs remind me of a specific person. And then he went out on a limb and said, "I bet there are certain songs you don't listen to anymore, right?"

He was right.

But I told him, "I'm going to go home and listen to that song."

And that's what I'm doing now. And though it still reminds me of her, there is something more there. Some parts of the song speak of infinite loneliness, some parts speak of eternal hope. Guess what part I trytrytry to focus on.


Oh it won't rain all the time.
The sky won't fall forever.
And though the night seems long,
your tears won't fall forever.


"It Can't Rain All the Time" - Jane Siberry

No comments: