Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Endings

I've been thinking a lot about endings recently. It is my last semester of college. Soon, this thing called Academia will be ending in my life. With college ending, there comes the very real possibility that certain friendships will end. At the very least be changing radically. And so on...

And as this ending draws closer and closer, I am reminded of a video I once saw. One of my favorite bands broke up several years ago and filmed a DVD of their final concert. When it came time for the final song, it was obvious that the singer was so full of emotion, but those emotions could not be put into words. So he said the only thing he could, the only thing that mattered.

"Thank You."

And so, while my life will soon be drastically changing, I hope that I can thank everyone for how much these past 4 years have meant, and how everyone has helped me grow.

"End of the Road" - Sentenced
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMZYvlyw4E

No comments: