Saturday, February 27, 2010

Role Reversal

Ahh....living like the other side does. Normally, it is always my housemates who do the driving on the weekends, and I am the one getting a bit rowdy and out of control/fantastic.
Tonight, though, due to some circumstances outside my control, I ended up being the driver to a party which was of dubious potential. My housemate and I, driving towards a party where we may or may not have a good time. It was awkward at first, and then he got some drinks in him and had a great time. Me, I sipped a beer or two but maintained my calm and I had an...okay time.
It mostly just drove home how awkward I am in social situations without a few drinks in me. I was the Outsider this time.
But he needed it more than me. It's time I gave back a little.

No comments: