Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A jaded lover / a hopeless romantic

So, Houston Calls will forever be the band I go to when I am feeling a little romantic. Ahhh....innocent crushes. I'm way too awkward to ever say anything, but it is still pretty sweet when the girl you are interested in will take time out of her day and talk to you.
I'll let you all in on a secret, much as I affect an air of arrogance and cockiness, it is all a facade. I'm actually really shy, sweet, and romantic. If I'm holding a coherent/normal conversation with you, that means I (probably) don't have any romantic inclinations towards you. If I clam up and shuffle awkwardly and glance nervously, that means I like you and think you are cute.
Also, why are girls not more assertive?

I know you can’t believe, dear, that I would say this
But once-upon-a-time’s can happen and all you have to do is grab them.
Stay near. I hate to make you wait, dear. I’d never want to.
But what’s a boy supposed to do when happy-ever-afters might come true?

Anytime, I would be there for you.
Open your eyes, I’m here and waiting for you.


"Stay With Me Tonight" - Houston Calls

(also, when he key changes for the last chorus....pure magic)

No comments: