Sunday, November 30, 2008

Politics and Metal

So, I should be writing a paper right now. Some totally piece of BS about Hungary and the current financial crisis. Apparently, at least two other people are writing about virtually the same thing. Oops?
So, to pass the time, I am reading the webcoming Questionable Content. That webcomic is how I want my life to be. Also, it is more addicting than crack-cocaine...so, way to g J. Jacques, you really fucked over my school life. It is like that 1 week period where all I did was read Tucker Max stories and drink vodka.
In addition to reading QC, I've been listening to a lot of proggy metal/rock today. It started out with some Kayo Dot "Choirs of the Eye"(I enjoy the album, but it can be a bit much and perhaps a little too much prog), Riverside "Out of Myself" (which is consistently good), and now I am rocking out to some old school Amorphis (not prog, but decidedly badass).
Seriously, other than their "Far From the Sun" album, which was a total trainwreck, Amorphis is one of the most consistent bands in terms of quality. I also like how they have managed to switch their style and progress from a straight up death metal to...whatever you would call their music nowadays.


Under the dying sun it comes
Weaving fear but I have none
I know that mushroom cloud
Won't come very near
What do you have to believe in
And all the poison you breath in
The crystal heart shatters within
"Shatters Within" (From 'Am Universum')

No comments: