Friday, November 28, 2008

Friends '08

I know that blog posts like this might be super cliche`, but I thought I would spill my heart out? So, this might be super emo and gay (I can say that because everyone thinks I am), but here it goes.

Sometimes, you hangout with people and they say the nicest things in the world, and you realize just how fantastic they are - not simply because of the things they said about you, but because you get to see a part of who they are that a lot of people don't get to see. And, they are super willing to listen to me bitch about my problems and put up with my emo whining and issues, and they often times provide some much needed perspective.
So like, in all honesty, the major thing that prevents me from becoming a complete blowout is that there are people who totally care about me, even though I have the tendency to really wuss out and feel sorry for myself and try to make believe that I am in this all by myself.
So...to all my friends (all like 2 people who read this), thanks for putting up with my shit and always being super good to me even though in all honesty I usually don't deserve it. And I hope that I am half as good to you as you are to me.
Also, I'm learning that sometimes things just don't work out, even if you really think that it will. And like, maybe you meet someone super fantastic, but then in the end it really wouldn't work out, even if you really wanted it to. Having been such a trainwreck for these last few months was essentially just like taking a gun and shooting myself in the foot. The choices a person makes when super depressed/angsty usually have wide-ranging consequences even though at the time that person might not give a good gosh darn.
I'm done being all emo.



I've got some friends, some that I hardly know
But we've had some times, I wouldn't trade for the world
We chase these days down with talks of the places that we will go

We live on front porches and swing life away,
We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labor I'll slave till the end,
I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand....until you hold my hand

"Swing Life Away" - Rise Against


(okay, now I am done being emo)

No comments: