Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Haggling/Also

I wish I spoke fluent Hungarian because then I would be able to haggle with merchants a lot better. I have so many great things to say, but they don't really know fluent English and I don't know Hungarian. So the following phrases go unused every time....
"Oh, you're breaking my balls here, breaking my balls."
"Look, I got a guy four stalls over willing to give it to me for 1000HUF, but I like you, so I thought I'd give you the option to give me a lower price before I go back over there."
"Why don't you stop dicking me over with these ridiculous prices, and then we'll talk about whether or not I'm going to buy anything."

I think I might just start trying to haggle in stores in America. Because...why not?

Also...
I really enjoy taking walks through the early winter Budapest streets while listening to Ljungblut.
Hot/mulled wine is real good, real hot.
I really enjoy riding bikes in small Hungarian villages.
"Hair" is a shitty movie/musical. And I hate hippies.
I look tons better without facial hair.

"Aspartame" - Haste
Can we get back to the time when everything was simple then?
"The truth is..." he said. "I thought we'd won."
Each night we lay in desperation.

Always think of the right words when our conversation is through.
Your words on that day, I remember them so well.
(Don't say it if it isn't worth it.)

No comments: