Saturday, November 29, 2008

Who's Got the Fire?

So, in order to make up for the emo-fest that was my last post, I am totally listening to some stoner metal. How is Corrosion of Conformity so damn good all the time? Seriously, when listening to their music, I can almost smell the booze, sweat, and old cigarette smoke. If it wasn't 11.30am, I'd be drinking whiskey and smoking hardcore.
Something about Southern metal/stoner metal/southern doom really makes me happy. I can tell you that it makes me feel more like a man than when I listen to electro-dance music..
Other than that, I have a paper to write today. About Hungary and the EU. Yeah...we'll see how that turns out.


Broken hearts toast another round
And drink to the lost there's not a soul to be found
Lonely boy says, "Come what may."
I hate to see it always end this way...

"Redemption City" - COC


PS - Stanton Moore's drumming on "In the Arms of God" does wonders for the album. I think all drummers should be jazz drummers.

No comments: