Sunday, November 9, 2008

Post-Election

I spent Election night in Budapest, Hungary getting drunk, going to my Prof's apartment, eating snacks, being drunk, and drunkenly explaining all my theories on 3rd Parties / the Libertarian Party. It was real good. And apparently, I wasn't as drunk as I thought I was because a good number of people thought I hadn't even drank at all.
I got home at 4am, knowing that Apricot Obama was going to be our next president, decided to not sleep at all, packed my bag at 5.48am in the total darkness, was out the door by 6am, and boarded a bus to Prague. It was good.
In other news, Prague is quite possibly my favorite city at the moment. Definitely in the top 3 (the other 2 being London and Toronto).

On to the results of the election - my thoughts are essentially, "Why the fuck do you Obama suppporters still have hope? What on earth has convinced you that he will singlehandedly be able to rebuild the US? This country is fucked and all your catchy little slogans ('Yes, we can!' being the one I hated the most) and youthful optimism aren't going to do jack shit. So fuck off."

In the words of Warrel Dane/Nevermore

If you want to change the world, forget it
The future's not in our hands
If you want to change the world, forget it
The pigs already set in


This video sums up how I viewed the Election/all those goddamned Obama supporters.
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_win_causes_obsessive

This video shows what I wish the outcome had been
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/voting_machines_elect_one_of

No comments: