Monday, November 17, 2008

Heidenfest

Last night, I experienced 7ish hours of nonstop Paganmetal. It was insane. It was doubly insane because it was the last night of the tour, and it seems as though metal bands love pranking each other more than anything else in the world. I have stories and photos, but let me just say, the night ended with most every other band joining Finntroll on stage for their last song, and then the German band Equilibrium ran out with stockings over their heads and started spraying everyone with whipped-cream and beer.

I think the highlight of the night was when the drummer of the Irish band Primordial came out and sang "Spancill Hill" with Eluveitie. Hopefully that video turns out well.


One night as I lay dreaming of pleasant days gone by
My mind was bent on rambling to Ireland I did fly
I stepped on a vision and I followed with the wind,
When at last I came to anchor at the cross of Spancill Hill

No comments: