Monday, March 8, 2010

Senior Seminar

This is what my evening has consisted of.

I worked, and I started feeling sick at work. Like I might be coming down with a fever. Chest and throat were afflicted.
Got home, started doing reading for my Senior Seminar class. Drank a cup or two of green tea with honey mixed in. Sat for 2 hours talking with my housemate, mostly about how we would hate to meet authors (especially those we admire), we began to discuss why we wouldn't want to meet authors and cited specific examples (Hemingway, for instance, would only be good in a group, and while he would be a total dick, a crazy time would ensue).
But we came to the conclusion that Robert Frost would be amazing to hangout with. I would love to go to his cabin in the countryside, eat a hearty meal, help him in the fields, and just be near him. Of all the authors/writers we mentioned, he is the only one that we truly would want to meet.

And now I am sitting here, reading about Bakhtin, drinking an amaretto-coke (my literary reading drink of choice), listening to Mouth of the Architect. Life is good.

No comments: