Tuesday, March 9, 2010

priorities

If there is one thing that college has taught me - it is priorities.
And some nights, priorities are thrown into perspective. Sometimes harsh perspective.
And if there is one thing throughout the clusterfuck I call my life that I have really learned - it is that people are what really matter. Relationships. Those around you.

I try to think of it this way -

if I fail a class, I can always retake it
if I fail a friend, I might not get a second chance.


Yes, school is important, and I don't ever want to fail a class, but if it happens, it happens. It's not the end of the world, or even my academic career. If I fail a friend or someone I love, there is the possibility that relationship might end for good.

Be good to those around you. Never take them for granted.

No comments: