Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New month madness

Listening - Agalloch, Anathema, mewithoutyou
Reading - Bryant, Emerson, Thoreau


July is less than 12 hours away. The first 1/3rd of the summer gone. And what did I do? Not a whole lot. Lived like a hermit. Did some biking. Failed to maintain a steady workout routine. Did shitty in my Math 143 class.

I'm out of booze and down to 1 Xanax. Luckily, I'll be 21 soon and not have to ask people to buy for me. Also, I'm definitely planning on buying some Tommy Gun Vodka. It comes in a glass tommy-gun bottle. Be jealous.

I realize that I don't hate the Romantics as much as I thought I did. I'm a big fan of W. C. Bryant's "Thanatopsis". Something about Annihilationism does seem quite appealing. But maybe I've just been listening to too much doom metal.

Last night I dreamt of a place deep down where I could find peace
Come to me oblivion
("Dreaming of Oblivion" - Rapture)


Also, when reading the Romantics and how in touch with nature they were and how they saw God in nature, all I could think of was the line from Agalloch's "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion"

Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God. . .
Then God is not dead

No comments: