Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A new look

I decided to spruce up my site a little bit. Much as I enjoyed the doom metal inspired theme, it seemed a bit somber and melancholic, and while that was (still is, and probably will always be) a part of me, it is no longer (I would argue) my defining nature. So, I opted for a more relaxed, carefree look.

The picture at the top of the page is from Jeph Jacques' webcomic "Questionable Content" (www.questionablecontent.net). Hopefully I am not infringing on any copyrighted material. But given as a grand total of about 3 people know about this blog, I think I am relatively safe from any legal ramifications.

Listened all the way through both "Monotheist" and "Ki". While I don't think "Ki" is as good overall as Devin Townsend Band's "Synchestra", I think that individually some of the tracks are tons better (specifically "Terminal", "Ki", and "Lady Helen"). Definitely reminiscent of Porcupine Tree with a splash of Mogwai




* * *

From the post above (since I didn't think it fit too well)

Another post. It is nice to have an outlet like writing. And it is nice to be stimulated to write. I've spent the first month of summer alone in this house, and as time passes, I've been feeling more and more caged, restless and dissatisfied. Finally, all that pent up energy is manifesting itself in the desire to write. It has been arduous and slow so far, but even 400 words is better than a blank page. The ideas are there, I just need to put them to the page.
I've been biking regularly, which is a good thing. I'm thinking I'll go to Reed's Lake tomorrow and do some reading and maybe some writing. Or maybe just sit and enjoy a beautiful summer day. The gym schedule is still a bit erratic, but I do go a couple of times a week. I just have to learn to really push myself (both physically and mentally) because I don't think it is anybody else's job to do that for me.

No comments: