Monday, June 29, 2009

Lunch of a King

Today, I cooked myself an altogether fabulous lunch - homemade burgers.

I took about a pound or so of ground-beef (enough for 4 decent size patties), threw it in a bowl and proceeded to mix in: a goodly amount of barbeque sauce, a spray of ketchup, a dab of mayonnaise, and a handful of shredded cheese. Mash that all together, and slapped the four patties into a skillet (sadly, I do not own a grill).
While that was cooking, I tossed in a helping of french fries into the oven and cooked those right up.

15 minutes later, I was eating my meal. Sadly, two burgers mostly fell apart and the other two were splitting apart (possibly a failing of the type of beef I used, possibly I just didn't mix the patties well), but overall it was still delicious. Ooh, I also added some cheese, ketchup, and lettuce to the burgers and served them on whole-wheat buns and had some baby-pickles on the side.

No comments: