Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sappy sentimental

I never really warmed to indie music until I was introduced to Stars, and I still only really enjoy their "In Our Bedroom After the War" album. Especially the song "My Favourite Book". I always listen to it when I get a bit sappy sentimental. And I've been sappy sentimental all weekend.

I went to a wedding this weekend, and it was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever attended. The flower girl was adorable, walking.standingstill.throwingoneflower.repeat. My ladyfriend look radiant as a bridesmaid. But the part that really touched me was when after the vows between the bride and groom, the bride gave vows to the groom's 2 children. It was beautiful.
Of course, the rest of the wedding/reception was amazing (partybus, food, openbar, dancing, etc...) but the thing I really remember was the bride telling those children that she loved them and would treat them as her own.

And it made me sappy sentimental.

And so I listen to Stars.

"My Favourite Book"

And I always smile because my girlfriend has the shiftiest eyes of all time.


All the things you say
The way you shift your eyes
I never knew there was someone to make me come alive

No comments: