Sunday, October 31, 2010

Two things...

One, I love my family very much. Especially my brothers. Growing up, I was always closer to my sisters because they were closer to me in age...but as I got old, my brothers became more and more important to me. And now...they are what I emulate, to a certain degree. I am the youngest out of us three...so I always look up to them. They both affect/shape me in different ways.
But now, I wonder if maybe I maybe not the wisest? I have both their knowledge...what if I have assimilated it more fully and understood their lessons better than they have?

Brother
In your eyes I was the stronger
So how am I to cover you now
Without shadowing your path


Two, I love you. As simple and complicated as that statement is. It means that I want what is best for you, that I will strive to help you flourish, that I will celebrate when you do, and hold you when you cry. It means being a friend - the kind of friend you always wanted - the kind of friend you always wanted - the kind of friend you wanted to rely on.

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." - Sophocles

No comments: