Thursday, October 28, 2010

Since I am 98% positive that you don't read this (aka - in case of death, break the glass)

I am far too much like my favourite poet - John Donne. He obsessed over Death. He had his funeral portrait taken 3 (I believe) years before his death in 1631. But much as he thought about, wrote about, obsessed about death...he did not fear it - as found in his "Holy Sonnet X" - the famous "Death, be not proud..." sonnet.
But, still, I worry about death, a lot. I've known several friend/acquaintances/etc... who have been killed expectantly. A drunken driver, cancer, head trauma...

...this post is just in case something happens.

You chose

Over the Rhine - "I Want You to Be My Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjdoxXPtYgY
I want you to be my love
'Neath the moon and the stars above


I chose
Anathema - "Dreaming Light"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY5cTG0wKYE

Suddenly, I don't have to be afraid
Suddenly, it all falls into place

And you shine inside
And love stills my mind like the sunrise
Dreaming light of the sunrise
Dreaming light..

No comments: