Sunday, October 31, 2010

Katatonia

I find this line infinitely beautiful and meaningful

How cold is the flame
Of our uncompromising future


It is off Katatonia's "Night is the New Day" album, the song 'The Longest Year'.

My brother doesn't really like this album, and when he asked me why I like this album so much, I pointed to this song, to this line.

To me, these lines speak about stagnation...the fear about the fire of life turning cold in the face of a future that is uncompromisingly bleak.

How cold is the flame of the world that does not seek to better itself?
How cold is the flame of the person who gives in to what is expected of him?
How cold is the flame of those who turn away the people they love in order to feed their addictions?
How cold is the flame...



And I would freeze if you ever asked me

No comments: