Wednesday, October 20, 2010

(I wish it wasn't so)

I always come back to music. Always.
Recently, I've been into the band Khoma they are the perfect outlet during this Autumn period. During this time of discontent. Not screaming, but a voice pleading out. Music that longs for an answer. Plaintive, questioning...

I am in a world full of racism, a world full of sexism, a world full of murder.
A world full of hate, lust, disease, uncaring, apathy, failure, indifference, sex, lust, gluttony, greed, and on and on...

A world that is empty.

A world full of nothing that I want.

So I turn to Khoma for words...

"So I scream for air...in a world that is choking (I wish it wasn't so)"


And that is how I feel a lot of the time. Nothing ever changes. Politicians are all the same. The represent the same thing. They change nothing, while people die. And starve. Amd rot away due to disease. People die and politicians try to bring about "Change" that looks just like the status quo. And the poor die. And the innocent die. And the disenfranchised die. And the voiceless die.
They die.
Not metaphorically. Not figuratively.
They die in the very cold, physical sense of the word.

They will die and leave childrensistersbrothersspousesparents behind in their wake. And those individuals will never be entirely whole due to that loss.

And, if I ever had a major platform from which to spread this message, I would say this


I've waited to come here, to see what you look like. You look just like me...(please don't panic, don't hit the alarm)

No comments: