Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We live as fast as we can

Ahhh...the bliss of being 21. I spent my 21st with BrotherJohn in Madison, and I honestly can't think of a better person to have spent it with. Beyond the drinking and partying, it really made me remember that I have a pretty kickass family. I mean, if I didn't have John as a brother, my life would be radically different than it is now. So, I'm totally thankful for him and every single one of my family members, even if they can be a bit much at times.

Spending time in Appletown made me totally thankful for my friends. I know some of the greatest people in the world, and I feel sorry for everyone that doesn't know them. I wouldn't be the person I was today without my friends. I may not be the best of friends at times, but you've all stuck by me even if I was being a jackass or going through a rough time.

So, to steal from a friend of mine - I thought I'd thank some of my closest friends.

Sranwrap - You are quite possibly one of the most fabulous people in the world. I was thinking the other day of how we first met and how it was quite possibly the most awkward meeting of all time. Still, I have so many amazing memories with you, that words are literally too inadequate to convey just how much I cherish you and all the times we've had together. I can't wait to see where you end up in life, but wherever you go...I hope I'll always be able to pass out on your kitchen floor.

Skeletor - I don't even know where to begin with you. I've looked up to you all my life and getting to really know you over the past couple years (since I've gone to college) has been fantastic. Tomfoolery. shenanigans. and good times always abound when you are near, but I always feel like I can ask you any question, no matter how serious, and you will give it an articulate answer. You've always been great to me, and I can't wait to live you again...just as long as you don't push me into anymore GI Joe boxes.

Gremlin - I echo your sentiments when I say, "Why the hell didn't I meet you sooner?!" But like you, I think we met each other at the perfect time in our lives. You are another one of the few people I know who I feel like I can ask any question and not feel like a jackass, and that means the world to me. You are hilarious, articulate, and are the most quotable person I know. I may make you a worse person, but you inspire me to be a better person...so hopefully we'll meet somewhere in the middle and end up being perfect. Regardless, when I finally move out into the real world, I'm always going to look back at the Sojourners' period of my life as a golden age because of you and the other people that made this place so rocking.

Whiskey - I don't know what to say without sounding suuuuper homoerotic, but I'll give it a try. I've only really known you for...less than a year? but it feels like I've known you for so much longer than that. I think it is insane how alike we are, and although it canbe frightning sometimes, it has been super helpful/fantastic to have someone like you around who I feel will understand my thought process and feelings and such. I tend to remember that although I miss the other two in our house when they aren't around, I get pissed when you aren't around because I generally have something hilarious/insightful/crazy to say to you. So get your ass back here and let's live the dream!

Kjae - You are another one of those people who it is kind of scary how similar we are, but again, that has been a source of comfort to me over the years, knowing that I'm not totally crazy and that someone else can at least relate. Looking in the past, I think it is pretty crazy that we are this good of friends now, but I'm super thankful. You are super accepting, something I value immensely, but I know you'd let me know if my behavior ever got too crazy or anything like that. You inspire me to be a better person, and you genuinely brighten my life, so thanks for everything.


That's all for now...I feel tired something fierce.

No comments: