Monday, August 9, 2010

I feel strange when I see people going through the exact same things I have gone through. It is strange for me to be on the otherside of those mistakes/actions and looking at someone else walking the path I just came from.

So here I am, a shot of Wild Turkey 101 bathing in the glare of this screen, wrapped in a bathrobe, thinking about past actions...and 30 Seconds to Mars' song "Alibi" comes on.

I fell apart
But got back up again


And that's really all it is. I've fallen apart so many times. Spent a lot of nights lying awake thinking about all the choices I've made, all the actions I've done that hurt someone else or myself.

You know, I'm not a saint.

But no matter how many times I fall apart (which is pretty frequent), I get back up. It may take a long while, my methods my not be perfect, but I get back up.

And I know, in the end, the people I see walking the same road I did...they'll get back up also. But until then, I hope I can be a small comfort.

No comments: