Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I am this way

It is weird...I am in a committed relationship with a girl I really like/genuinely care about...but I still think about all the things that could go wrong/have gone wrong in past relationships.

Maybe it has something to do with me listening to way more songs that are about breaking up/endings rather than songs that are about beginnings.
Who knows. Regardless, I still feel the visceral emotional response when listening to songs like Anathema's "Are You There?"

But since you've been gone I've been lost inside
Tried and failed as we walked by the riverside
And I wish you could see the love in her eyes
The best friend that eluded you lost in time
Burned alive in the heat of a grieving mind

But what can I say now?
It couldn't be more wrong


Because that was me. In the past. And I do not/can not forget the past...

No comments: