Saturday, January 16, 2010

perspective

They rescued a girl from the rubble in Haiti...her words were, "Mother, don't let me die." And then she died.

My point (insignificant and worthless as it is) is that Faith (capital F) is summed up in that statement. "Mother...don't let me die." Mother...God...Vishnu...Muhammad...Anyone...don't let me die. Don't give up on me. Don't give up - if you fight, I'll fight.

The story isn't that the girl died. It is that she put her absolute unwavering faithtrustlove in someone/something else (her mother? the idea of her mother?). And that made the difference.

And this will be my prayer for a week (a teacher once told me that he only prays for things for a week...otherwise they fly under the radar/he forgets them/they don't seem urgent)

- "God, I know I'm the fuck up of a son, but my Haitian sister really needs you to be there to open your arms and welcome you into your Kingdom."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post, Paul.

I'm proud of the fact that I know you.

leahnieboer said...

thank you.