Saturday, December 12, 2009

Catch for Us the Foxes

"Catch for Us the Foxes" by mewithoutYou is an amazing album. Something about Aaron Weiss' lyrics always touch me. Right now it is the song "The Soviet", about a man who is struggling with selfish love and lust.

As the night-time shined like day it saw my sorry face and hair a mess
But it liked me best that way... besides, how else could I confess?
When I looked down like if to pray,
Well, I was looking down her dress... good God!


But I really like how it ends.

I don't need this



And I guess, if I had to really explain how I am feeling right now, I'd use someone else's words (as I often do) because I am too exhausted to write any more.

I've been coasting on this single's route
But I still hear your name in wedding bells
...you're the only proper noun I need

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aaron Weiss has a way of verbalizing a lot of what I wish I was able to express on my own. What a wonderful, wonderful poet.

Good post, my friend.