Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nostalgia

I'm currently drinking vodka/grape juice, listening to Placebo, and thinking about Hungary. The last night we were there, I spent most of it alone. I rode the trams, sad music playing on my iPod. I walked through the crowds of people at the Christmas Market, not saying a word. I walked along the Danube, spiced wine in hand, soaking in the beauty of the moment. It was chilly, but the kind of chill that invigorates, not one that forces you inside and under a blanket. I walked alone along that empty waterfront.
I wanted it to last forever.
Had I died then, I would have been complete.
A calm sense of peace and tranquillity enveloped me.
And in that moment, I was infinite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e6HxhmVWP0&annotation_id=annotation_786682&feature=iv

No comments: