Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Twilight Imperium

BrotherDave is moving to Arizona in a few days, but we thankfully got in one last game of Twilight Imperium before he leaves. And for all of you who don't know, TI is essentially Risk in space on crack-cocaine.
Sadly, this game didn't treat me too well. BrotherJohn took the early lead in terms of victory points and ability to produce units, but suffered a pretty serious set-back when Nate staged a daring sneak attack against one of John's major sectors. John counterattacked to regain his territory, but then BrotherDave launched a series of surgical strikes against him!
After several turns of build up in my well fortified homesystems, I launched an ill-fated raid against David that met crushing defeat. Thankfully, there were no reprisal attacks, allowing me to attack Nate the next turn, only to again be defeated in what should have been a decisive victory for me. I did, however, steal the ever important Mecatol Rex from John to gain a victory point.
Then last turn consisted of John finishing off the remainder of Nate's forces in his territory as well as battling some of David's forces. I attacked Nate again and crushed his last major outpost, seizing 2 victory points in the process. Nate counter-attacked, but although he inflicted some serious damage to my fleet, I warded him off. It was a pyrrhic victory because David then overwhelmed what few damaged ships I had left with a numerically superior fleet.
In the end, David had 11 victory Points, John had 10, I had 5, and Nate had 4.

So there it was, 10 hours of backstabbing, plotting, scheming, and fun.

No comments: