Friday, March 4, 2011

never be content

The new EP by Innerpartysystem came out a few days ago. Titled "Never Be Content". An apt name. Something I am struggling towards. Though I suppose I am trying to be content, but not complacent.

http://soundcloud.com/ipsrmx/sets/never-be-content

The track "Out of Touch" is far and above the best track on the EP. Lyrically, it just hits me hard.

I'm out of touch with all my friends / every time I see them again
All the days I've been away / would it be different if I stayed?

You're losing me...
...again

Driving on the empty road / I forgot I fell in love back home
I start to wonder if I changed / I start to wonder even if you feel the same


I've kept in touch with friends from back home longer than most. But time and distance...every time I go home I feel more disconnected from them. Have I changed? Have they? Is losing connection with your past friends inevitable? Healthy? Part of growing up?

1 comment:

leahnieboer said...

and...you've found away to express my wide-awake-three-a.m. thoughts in a way i haven't yet been able to...thank you, and, struggling with you.