Thursday, September 30, 2010

digital photography

Thank god for photographs. A moment captured in time. Sometimes, all you need is a glimpse and the memories flood back, unconstrained, uncontrolled.
Man night, good people good music good food good fun.
Croatia, bike riding on the perfect day.
Polandslovakia, vibrant autumn beauty rain wet cold weather is a fickle friend.

Or, I often think about my last night in Hungary. I went out to the Kristmasmarkt and had a couple of hot, mulled wines. Then, I walked from the Markt back to our rooms, alone. An hour or two at least. Coat unbuttoned, wine in hand, lingering on bridges to watch the water at night, the lights of the city, to breathe it in. Rosetta's album "Wake/Lift" blasting in my ear, perfect companion for so vast a night, so vague of feelings. The winter air crisp and cleansing. Release, revolve, Renew.

My how the time flies.

No comments: