Monday, September 13, 2010

About...

Sometimes, I get frustrated with where I am in my life. And at times I felt like this.

Well, I'll go to college and I'll learn some big words
And I'll talk real loud, goddamn right I'll be heard
You'll remember the guy who said all those big words
He must have learned in college


But at a certain point, you wake up, and it isn't about the big words you learned while you got your fancy degree at a Liberal Arts college. It's about how you feel when your ladyfriend falls asleep on the couch while she holds onto you, and you smile because she is still so damn cute even though she is totally sick and still in her work clothes. And you hold her close and think, "I am not my job. I am not how much money I make. I am not societal status.
I am how I treat others. I am how kind I am. I am how much I love."

And I love and care rather deeply. About certain housemates. About certain orphans. About certain people who are abroad. About certain people who are in this country. About certain people who spend time with me in a hammock. About certain people in certain times in certain place. About...

...And if a year from now, everyone has moved on to new places, new friends, new moments, I will always look back and say, "At that moment, at that time, I loved those people as much as I could, and if we never talk to each other again, at that moment, we were connected beyond measure through our love and caring for one another.

No comments: