Friday, January 30, 2009

Out of a Center Which is Neither Dead Nor Alive

I rediscovered the joys of purchasing music off of iTunes today. It comes to me instantly and it is as if money never leaves me.
I bought Apoptygma Berzerk's new album "Rocket Science"...and in all honesty, I was underwhelmed. I'll give it a few more listens before I pass total judgment. If anything, the single "Apollo (Live on Your TV)" is totally catchy.
Minsk's debut album "Out of a Center Which is Neither Dead Nor Alive" is completely fucking amazing. Wall-of-sound production and lyrically captivating...I don't understand how this band isn't a huge underground sensation yet.

"Bloodletting and Forgetting" - Minsk

The dive into numbness, the only option today.
Retreating into oblivion never felt so effortless.
Forging the path within an eternal descent.
Living through death.
Embracing discontent.
Face down.
Bloodletting and forgetting.
Exorcising demons.
Exercising futility.

No comments: