Thursday, August 21, 2008

Farewell (parting is such sweet sorrow)

In 2 short hours, I will be leaving for the Grand Rapids airport. From there, I will end up in Detroit, Amsterdam, and finally Budapest.

In a stroke of good fortune, I was able to see one of my favorite bands last night. Kill Hannah played at the Intersection with The Medic Droid, Innerpartysystem, and The White Tie Affair. It was one of the best shows I've ever been to. The first three bands were essentially synthesized dance rock, which was super fun. And KH put so much passion and energy into their show, it was phenomenal. I almost cried when they played "Home". I also got a poor quality photo with Greg Corner (KH's bass player), a couple with the guys from the Medic Droid, and talked briefly with Chris Wallace (singer of the White Tie Affair) as he mingled in the crowd after their set.
In all, it was fabulous, with the exception of all the teeny-boppers. But I suppose I was that age once also (although, I didn't smoke/wasn't a slut). I ended up buying both the Innerpartysystem and The White Tie Affair's cds, so I'll be able to have a dance party in the airports when waiting for flights.

Well, time to double-check that I didn't forget anything.

No comments: