Monday, December 6, 2010

I suffer from anxiety attacks. They are usually unprovoked, but sometimes I can induce them on my own by dwelling on an upcoming stressful situation.

I am taking my LSAT in less than a week now...and I began freaking out tonight. But two things calmed me down.
#1, my girlfriend texted me from her work 6 reasons why everything will be okay. That helped alot.
#2, there is a JRR Tolkien quote that I love. It goes, "Despair is for people who know, beyond any doubt, what the future is going to bring. Nobody is in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin, theologically, but also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows. In that sense there always is hope."

Despair is a sin...but more than that, it is a mistake, the most simple of mistakes!!! There is always hope. To give up before you've begun is sin and a mistake.

I won't do that.

I may very well do piss poorly on my LSAT, but I will give it my all. And if I fail, I'll simply try again.

No comments: