Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer playlist

I love making playlists. In high school, I would make mix cds for my friends all the time. Invariably, I would make a cd, give it to a friend, and kick myself 30 seconds later for not including X song.
Anyway, here is a playlist of the songs that I've been listening to heavily this summer. It is short and only consists of two bands.

(In no order)

A Wilhelm Scream - "Fun Time"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYjuK5_fbaA&feature=related
It's about being with friends and cutting loose. It's about drinking and being crazy. It's about being a bit crazy...but knowing that it is okay to be a bit crazy.
Nothing to be embarrassed of
Gonna shout till my voice cuts out


Third Eye Blind - "Bonfire"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_MvEpIpEUQ
This is my summer anthem. It is a song about change. It is about transition. Things are changing, but that is the nature of life. It is about love. I saw 3eb play this song live...they ended their set with it - I almost cried. It ended with the band stopping all their instruments and singing with the crowd "Did you get what you wanted?"

Everything's changing now





And lightning comes and lightning goes

And it's all the same to me

Let it in


A Wilhelm Scream - "The Pool"
A song about alienation, about loneliness, about endings.
All my accomplishments are joined with asterisks,
so in a few years they're meaningless.


Third Eye Blind - "Dao of St. Paul"
A song about uncertainty. Something has ended, but there are still questions lingering. About the road not taken. But ultimately, it is all about hope.
And I tell myself what we're living for
And say rejoice evermore

No comments: